Even as Beer prices soar across India, the market for this most preferred alcoholic beverage is predicted to grow.
- Beer sales in India are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 17.2% to 2011
- The market is expected to top $1.2 b by 2011
- Lager is most preferred type of beer, accounting for 87% market share
- Strong beer is the most popular type, accounting for nearly two-thirds of the market
- UB along with Millennium Alcobev and SABMiller account for nearly 90% of the Indian beer market
- India accounts for 1.3% of APac market by value
- India's annual per capita consumption stands at just 0.6 litres, compared to 23 litres in China, an average of 73 across Europe and 78 in the US