Who's doing what in Kids Retail in India
- Monalisa, the Versace of kids is coming to India
- Global lifestyle brand Nautika is bringing Nautika Kids
- International brand, Zapp has tied up with Raymond to foray into Kid's apparel
- Disney has launched exclusive chains which stock character - based stationery.
- Pantaloon's joint venture with Gini & Jony will set up a retail chain to market kids' apparel.
- Swiss kids wear brand Milou is collaborating with Tirupur based Sreeja hosieries
- Turner International India Pvt. Ltd. will launch Cartoon network Townsville and Planet POGO - two theme parks designed around its channels - in National Capital region.
- Sahara One Television has signed an MoU to source content from Spacetoon media Group, Middle East's largest kids' entertainment b rand for animation and live content.
Leading the kids' retail revolution is the apparel business, which accounts for almost 80% of revenue, with kids clothing in India following international trends. According to research firm KSA Technopak, the branded segment comprises $ 70.7 million of the total kids' apparel market-size of over $3 billion.